From: Jeffrey Tseng (pocket17_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 14:12:09 CST

Hi, John
  Thanks for your quick responding and helpful comments.

Yes, you are right. If I split the selection into parts. The
reprensentation is not what I want.

I would like to try the other way that you suggest, which is to use per-atom
data fields such as "user" or "occupancy".

Could you please use my example I gave in the previous email to show how to
color different selections of the same repesentation?

Also, I found that in KS website, there is one example. It looks like a
perfect example.
Here is link.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/allversions/repimages/surf.jpg
If you know how to generate it, I wonder if the vmd script is available.

Thanks a lot,

-Jeffrey