From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 11:41:19 CST

Hi,
  A representation can only have one coloring method active at a time.
If you use the ColorID coloring method, then that eliminates the possibility
of having two colors at once for a given selection. You could either split
your atom selection into two parts and make one representation for each,
coloring them differently (which may not work very well for your Surf
representation), or you can assign values to one of the per-atom
data fields such as "user", "beta", "occupancy", etc, and then color
by that data field rather than by ColorID. Let me know if you need
more help with this.