From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 15:22:11 CST

Actually, since we are trying to do the same thing, I thought it would be
simpler to share the whole stuff. I use a VMD script that outputs a file
containing one line per frame. It includes first the frame number, then the
list of structures for each residue:
0 C C T T T C C C H H H H H H H H H H G G H H H
1 C C C T T C C H H H H H H H H H H H G G H H T
2 ...

Then I apply the script stride2png, attached to this message. This script can
be tuned a bit, depending on the aspect ratio you want for the final picture.
I think everything inside is properly commented.

A great way to add 100% vector axes and legends around that, is to make an
empty graph with the right axes in xmgrace and export it as EPS. You can then
open it with inkscape (you need to have pstoedit installed to do that),
import the png picture and overlay it with the graph. The result can be saved
as SVG, PS or PDF to get a perfect rendering regardless of the resolution.

Enjoy,
Jerome