From: Stéphane Teletchéa (steletch_at_jouy.inra.fr)
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 08:47:37 CST

John Stone a écrit :
> Hi,
> While it is possible to add text labels to the molecular scene in
> VMD, I've always felt that for the purposes of giving a lecture there
> are distinct advantages to the availability of a wide varity of fonts,
> thicknesses, text colors, shadow-backdrop, and various other features
> found in packages like Photoshop, GIMP, Illustrator, and the other
> image editing and illustration packages out there. You can use the
> 'draw text' or 'graphics' commands to draw text in 3-D in VMD, but
> I think you may be happier if you edit your final figure in one of these
> packages and add text labels that way. If you want help with the text
> commands, let us know.
>
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu

For a lecture, i agree with your vision, but my goal (at the moment) is
more to be sure to not make a mistake while looking at the picture
inside VMD (and probably to its dynamics when it'll be launched).

The draw commands seems to fit my needs, but i have two further questions :

1 - how can i interact with the created label (i used the tkconsole to
create the label, with the commande line graphics top text {52 22 12}
"HI") : removing it, selecting it, ... I mean : it the label available
somewhere in the interface ? If not, what can i use ?

2 - is it possible to change the text properties (not only size) :
colors, font, ...

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Stéphane Téletchéa

--