From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 12:58:00 CST

Hi,

[text labels etc..]
> For a lecture, i agree with your vision, but my goal (at the moment) is
> more to be sure to not make a mistake while looking at the picture
> inside VMD (and probably to its dynamics when it'll be launched).
>
> The draw commands seems to fit my needs, but i have two further questions :
>
> 1 - how can i interact with the created label (i used the tkconsole to
> create the label, with the commande line graphics top text {52 22 12}
> "HI") : removing it, selecting it, ... I mean : it the label available
> somewhere in the interface ? If not, what can i use ?

Labels drawn with the 'draw' or 'graphics' command can't be manipulated
by the GUI, you can only use 'draw delete $drawid' to delete them after
they are created with something like:
  set drawid [draw text .....]

> 2 - is it possible to change the text properties (not only size) :
> colors, font, ...

You can use 'draw color' for that purpose.
There is only one font used in VMD presently, it's a hard-coded Hershey font.