From: l.spitzer_at_fr.fournierpharma.com
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 10:38:40 CDT

Dear all,

I have a problem with VMD (original, isn't it?)...
I am currently using VMD 1.8.4 on windows2000 pro and I tried to visualize
a potential map generated with this same VMD but it didn't work...the
surface stays definitely white, even as I try to modify the color range in
the graphics > color interface.
When I tried the map I generated directly on my colleague's Linux version
(1.8.3) I could visualize it. So I tried to visualize it through VNC on my
PC but it is desperately white...
So do you have any solution for me...

When I launch VMD, I have the following messages :

Info) VMD for WIN32, version 1.8.4a22 (October 11, 2005)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) OpenGL renderer: Intel 915G
Info) Features: STENCIL MDE CVA MTX PP
Info) GLSL rendering mode is NOT available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (2048x2048), 3-D (128x128x128), Multitexture (8)

Can my problem be linked to the fact that GLSL rendering is not available?
(what is GLSL? :-s)

I am sorry if this problem has already been resolved within the mailing
list, but I am new and I don't have much time to read all the previous
messages of the list...

Thanks in advance for any answer,

Luc SPITZER