From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 10:32:20 CDT

Bjorn,
  I forgot to answer your second question. If you want the selection
to update automatically, you'll need to enable "update selection every frame"
in the "Trajectory" tab. This change was made in order to greatly improve
VMD's trajectory rendering performance. You just have to select that
button and it'll work without having to press the apply button...