From: Justin (dlyzxl_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 11:52:52 CDT

Hi John:

I can run VMD with "vmd -dispdev text" normally, however same error of OpenGL with " vmd alanine.pdb". Does it verify that the new Sun OpenGL is needed?

thanks,

Justin

John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:

Justin,
What is your DISPLAY environment variable set to when running VMD?
If you run VMD with "vmd -dispdev text" does it startup correctly otherwise?
Make sure you have the most recent Sun OpenGL installed on your machine:
http://www.sun.com/software/graphics/opengl/