From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 19:51:04 CDT

Hi,
  Can you try doing the following steps for me, and let me know what
results you get?
  start an xterm, then in that xterm do:
  /bin/csh (use csh so the other commands I list will work)
  source /usr/local/bin/vmd (use the startup script's env vars)
    (then immediately quit that VMD)
  gdb /usr/local/lib/vmd/vmd_LINUX
    (then issue these commands to gdb)
  run
    (then load a structure that normally crashes your VMD)
    (... then try to crash it)
  where (this shows where VMD was when the crash occured)

If you can email the output to me, I should be able to determine if
this is another ATI driver problem, or something else.