From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 19:00:45 CDT

Hi,
  Perhaps the right thing to do, since they are different structures and
the residue numbers you're comparing aren't the same among structures,
would be to write a Tcl script to collect the coordinates for each of
these different selections, and average them together. Once done, you
could load in a new copy of 1.pdb and assign the new averaged coordinates
to the 10-14 residue range, and align this modified 1.pdb section against
each of the others one at a time via scripting. Ugly, but I don't know of
a nice way to do this more automatically, at least assuming I'm understanding
your request correctly.