From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 13:55:00 CST

Vani,
  Still catching up on email after being out of town last week...
The 'measure sasa' command uses the atom radii VMD gets from either
it's built-in radii assignment heuristic (which only really covers 5
atom names) when no other radii are provided, or from the original
structure files. You can override the atom radii by assigning them with
the appropriate '$sel set radius' atomselect subcommands. Let us know
if you need help assigning your own radii.