From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 16:36:38 CDT

Hi Luis,
  I believe you're correct that VMD 1.8.[12] didn't let AutoIMD work with SGI.
As I remember this was due to problems with psfgen or something like that.
This has since been fixed. AutoIMD still isn't supported on Windows yet,
but I know that Jordi is working on trying it out for running local jobs.
At present I can't compile on IRIX as our build machine is being reinstalled,
but I hope to have a VMD 1.8.3 test version that you can try out on IRIX
sometime soon. I would expect AutoIMD to work fine on Linux, Solaris, and
the other non-SGI Unix platforms for previous versions. Now that the
problem with autoimd is fixed for IRIX, new versions of VMD will let
you use AutoIMD there when they are released.

  John