From: Luis Rosales (ludwig_at_biomedicas.unam.mx)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 02:50:02 CDT

Hi!!

I am starting to play with IMD, and I just ran the IMD tutorial with the
poly ala helix!
However I didnīt found the AutoIMD plugin on my VMD distribution (SGI)...
I have checked other ports of VMD (Windows and linux) and I only found the
Extensions > AutoIMD menu on the linux port.
But, all three distributions have an autoIMD directory under the
"plugins\noarch\tcl" path...

Anyway, I tried to put the plugin on the extensions menu adding to my .vmdrc
the following lines:

 lappend auto_path {/usr/people/ludwig/bin/VMD-1.82/vmd/plugins/noarch/tcl}
 if { [catch "package require autoimd" msg] } {
   puts "VMD autoimd package could not be loaded:\n$msg"
 } elseif { [catch {menu tk register "autoimd" autoimd} msg] } {
   puts "VMD autoimd could not be started:\n$msg"
 }

Now I have the plugin on the Extensions menu, but the console say that
autoimd is not supported for this plataform...
By the way, The AutoIMD user guide says that windows is not supported, but
ANY computer running Unix with vmd 1.81 or latter will work with the
plugin...

- Does that means that both, Win and SGI are not supported for the plugin?
 (just trying to be sure... :( )
- Under what plattaforms the AutoIMD plugin is expected to work

Thanks and kind regards,

Ludwig