From: Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2023 - 07:57:20 CDT

Hi Bill,

That previous post has most of it. The initial poster just couldn't have
the automatic first and last patches applied and still have it work.
Basically, a cyclic peptide is like any other, but at some point you end
up forcing a coupling that isn't what you'd expect for a linear polymer.
In CHARMM36, this weird topology can be described by the LINK patch if
you want to make a torus, or LIG1 if the loop is internal somewhere.

-Josh

--
Josh Vermaas
vermaasj_at_msu.edu