From: Efthymiou, Christos (christos.dereschuk.20_at_ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2022 - 19:45:48 CDT

Hi Norbert and Nick,

Thank you so much for your help. I have identified the second problem. For some reason, VMD had a problem with using psf when defining the mol variable. This is a warning that appeared in the VMD console:

Warning) Unable to ascertain filetype from filename 'psf'; assuming pdb.

When I changed the script to set mol [mol new J:/pc/Wildtype_100ns_Test1/run/Wildtype_100ns_Test1_QwikMD.psf waitfor all], the script works.

Do you happen to know how to alter the script to have the results written to a .dat file rather than just printed in the Tk console?

Additionally, is it possible to set a stride value for bigdcd? It does not seem like it, but I wanted to double check.

Best,
Christos