From: Efthymiou, Christos (christos.dereschuk.20_at_ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 16 2022 - 05:14:03 CDT

Hello,

I have run several molecular dynamics simulations on a protein-protein complex that I would like to analyze with different python programs I have found online. However, the file size of my production run is around 5 GB and seems to overwhelm the programs and the memory I have on my computer. Is there a way to reduce the size of a .dcd file? For example, create a new .dcd file that only has every 50th frame of the original? I have a Windows 10 computer with the 32bit and 64bit versions of VMD available.

Thanks in advance.