From: Geist, Norman (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Jun 16 2022 - 07:01:13 CDT

Hi,

you can use a "stride" value when using the GUI to load your files.
Away from that, catdcd is the best tool for such operations. I also
suggest removing for example the water from the DCD files to reduce
the size, in case you will not need it for your analysis. Look
here https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.researchgate.net/post/How_to_alter_a_large_DCD_file_without_loading_it_on_VMD__;!!DZ3fjg!8JhVboqkmd6_fl9qwOWMuQ0r2LKeLZvWqyf2rYRCCXIki3ImnKueoz7JIBkAw07iwSEyv0jgtimPhGn9quXYhY3DnFXcUklMEg$  for
exmaples.

Bests
Norman Geist