From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 05 2022 - 23:21:28 CDT

Hi,
  On some platforms, the file browser will record the fully qualified
path for files that are loaded into VMD, and in such cases, if you
move all of your files around, it would cause trouble with loading
the saved state file. In such a case, the easiest thing to do is
open up the .vmd saved state file in a text editor (it's just a script)
and you can edit the filenames to remove the full path leaving just
the filename itself, or a relative path that happens to match your
new directory structure.

Best,
  John Stone