From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2021 - 16:11:52 CST

Hi,
  If what you're after is a list of atoms that are within 4A at each frame,
that will end up being a different result (and even a different number
of results) for each frame. That being the case, since VMD can't export a
trajectory with a time-varying numbers of atom coordinates, you'd have to
take a different approach, such as writing out a separate coordinate file
per-frame, or similar. This is how I've interpreted what you wrote below,
but perhaps you're asking for something different than I am describing.
In any case, a lot more detail would be required to get much further
assistance.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/