From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 09:59:58 CDT

John,

  the Ghost fixes were indeed incorporated in VRPN. But just before the
release of the latest VRPN there was a discussion of letting go of the
Ghost support, because a great majority of people (and presumably all
active VRPN developers) have switched to the new system/library. Although
I think that they decided to keep compatibility for now, it's probably
only a matter of time until Ghost support is definitely dropped.
Also, if the maintainers don't use Ghost, they are unlikely to test it,
and at some point Ghost-specific errors will slip in the code.

  Marc

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden_at_smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de