From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 01:32:22 CDT

Hi Gaurav,
  Which version of the VRPN server are you running?
It is possible that the version that VMD was compiled against is now
too old to talk to the latest and greatest version of VRPN fresh from
their site. If so, then I'll have to update the VRPN libs VMD is
built against and give you a new test version. Alternately, you could
run an older VRPN server if that is indeed what is going on. It wouldn't
surprise me, as I know that in one of the VRPN releases since VMD 1.8.x
was released they have changed the TCP port that VRPN uses.

Let me know which version of the VRPN server you're running and I can
probably figure out if that is indeed what is causing your problems.