From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2021 - 11:14:40 CDT

In VMD graphics are associated with the "molecule" and not with the
"trajectory frame".

so you would need to do some smart scripting that enables/disables the
desired graphics object for a given frame.
I have worked out and example for that using some quantum chemistry
software a looooong time ago (like > 15 years ago).
You can still see that on the "historic" webpages from that time:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/*legacy.akohlmey/cpmd-vmd/part5.html*chap7_sect6__;fiM!!DZ3fjg!s2rJqUZioWPZRQA8gzKQJ-aTjRq2G-19ZliT_SBCTkFxfvSqIQWmkxRh-hZdtkLxOg$

An alternative would be to create a visualization with one trajectory frame
and one graphics file into a new molecule for each frame and then toggle
between the frames.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/multimolanim/
to replicate the visualization from one molecule to others there is a tool
as well: https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/clonerep/

These also go back a long time...

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://goo.gl/1wk0__;!!DZ3fjg!s2rJqUZioWPZRQA8gzKQJ-aTjRq2G-19ZliT_SBCTkFxfvSqIQWmkxRh-haMsf2ATg$