From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2021 - 16:34:57 CDT

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 5:19 PM Ali Osman Acar <aliosmanacar1897_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Axel,
> The native part doesn't change in time I guess. This is the 1.9.4
> documentation and still same after 20 years. :D

*all* "native" file formats that VMD can read is through the molfile plugin
library. like I already stated, there is no difference.
that specific file of the documentation has apparently not been updated in
ages.

..and setting the file type explicitly should not be needed. it is not for
me (see below).

axel.

vmd > mol new full.psf waitfor all
Info) Using plugin psf for structure file full.psf
psfplugin) no cross-terms defined in PSF file.
Info) Analyzing structure ...
Info) Atoms: 3072
Info) Bonds: 0
Info) Angles: 0 Dihedrals: 0 Impropers: 0 Cross-terms: 0
Info) Bondtypes: 0 Angletypes: 0 Dihedraltypes: 0 Impropertypes: 0
Info) Residues: 3072
Info) Waters: 0
Info) Segments: 1
Info) Fragments: 3072 Protein: 0 Nucleic: 0
1
vmd > mol addfile full.lammpstrj waitfor all
lammpsplugin) New style dump with 6 data fields. Coordinate data flags: 0x01
lammpsplugin) Using absolute atomic coordinates directly.
Info) Using plugin lammpstrj for coordinates from file full.lammpstrj
Info) Finished with coordinate file full.lammpstrj.
1
vmd > vmdinfo version
1.9.4a51

--