From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2021 - 00:35:42 CDT

Hi,
  I had another user report the same "100002" error, and she was
able to resolve this problem by checking/setting the file permissions
of the folders contained in the .app image after it was dragged onto
her desktop from the .dmg file. I believe she was using an Intel x86
Mac and not an M1 ARM based Mac, but she had the same "100002" launch
error you're describing. I have not seen this error myself so I don't
have a direct experience with that specific scenario.

Can you report what output you get from this command?:
  sw_vers

That may give me more useful information about your specific system.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/