From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 09:41:23 CDT

Eckhart,
  Probably the easiest method for obtaining the same view in VMD and
in molscript is to supply the same view transformation matrices to both
programs. If it is easy for you to take the view transform from VMD and
apply it in molscript, then this sounds like the way to go. You can
retrieve all of the VMD transformation matrices like this:
  molinfo top get center_matrix
  molinfo top get rotate_matrix
  molinfo top get scale_matrix
  molinfo top get global_matrix

Let us know if you need help making this work.
Doing a native molscript export is still on the TODO list, but it
hasn't gotten any development time yet as other things have popped up
higher on the list.