From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 09:33:01 CDT

Hi,
  It sounds like you're getting something wrong in the atom selections
you're passing into 'measure fit', as you shouldn't be getting an identity
matrix if they aren't exact copies in the same position in space.
One way to visually check all this is to use the same atom selections to
highlight the two segments in different colors on the display. If you're
still unable to solve the problem, it'd be easier to help you if we saw
the structure file and the sequence of commands you're running that yields
the identity matrix.