From: preethi_at_bu.edu
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 11:33:48 CDT

Hi,
I am having problems with the hardware accelerated graphics utility on my linux
system.From an earlier mail in the VMD-L mailing list I realise the
error "XFREE86:DRI missing on display 0:0" on opening VMD indicates the driver
used by my systen for the videocard does not support hardware accelerated
graphics. The videocard used is RIVA128 and the driver "nv".In the earlier mail
the driver "nv" was changed to "nvidia" and that solved the problem.However in
my system there is no nvidia driver.What do I do about it?
Preethi