From: Brian Bennion (brian_at_youkai.llnl.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 12:24:13 CDT

Hi Angelo,

Did you look in the src directory in the main vmd directory?

If your installing the binary, that is where the makefile resides.

The next and final step is to type
make install

if indeed you are installing the binary.

Regards
Brian

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 rossi_at_york.cuny.edu wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I downloaded the linux version of vmd from the vmd download site. I performed
> the following steps after untarring the vmd gzip file:
>
> 1)I left the configure script intact and didn't change any of the directory
> paths.
> 2) I then executed ./configure
>
> No makefile was generated from step 2. There's gotta be a simple answer to what
> has happened. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on IBM ThinkPad. Nothing I tried
> generates the makefile.
>
> Can you give me some hints? There was nothing on this in the faqs.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Angelo

**Brian Bennion, Ph.D. **
**Computational and Systems Biology Division **
**Biology and Biotechnology Research Program **
**Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory **
**P.O. Box 808, L-448 bennion1_at_llnl.gov **
**7000 East Avenue phone: (925) 422-5722 **
**Livermore, CA 94550 fax: (925) 424-6605 **