From: Dallas Warren (dallas.warren_at_vcp.monash.edu.au)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 16:40:10 CDT

John (and Eamon)

I have been using TachyonInternal.

> You didn't say which rendering method you're using? If you're not
>using Snapshot, then the front/rear clip planes will have no effect.

Just tried using Snapshot, I end up with an image that consists of various
rectangles in a regular brick wall arrangement of varying shades of
grey. Something ain't right there. Suggestions?

>Those two clip planes are actually a feature of OpenGL, and are only
>user adjustable because they have to be in order to work well in some
>display wall setups. In everyday use, you wouldn't actually want to use
>them for front/back clipping though I know a lot of people do. :)

I my case I need to do something like this as the features at the front and
back of the image are note of interest, they simply clutter things up and
make it far more difficult to interpret the image.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Research Fellow
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology and Pharmacology
Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren_at_vcp.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9083