From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 15:59:02 CDT

Hi Dallas,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 07:40:10AM +1000, Dallas Warren wrote:
> I have been using TachyonInternal.

Yeah, no clipping planes in Tachyon yet, though I plan to get that
implemented soon.

> Just tried using Snapshot, I end up with an image that consists of various
> rectangles in a regular brick wall arrangement of varying shades of
> grey. Something ain't right there. Suggestions?

Ooh, that's interesting. What video card are you using?
Sounds like an OpenGL driver issue.

> >Those two clip planes are actually a feature of OpenGL, and are only
> >user adjustable because they have to be in order to work well in some
> >display wall setups. In everyday use, you wouldn't actually want to use
> >them for front/back clipping though I know a lot of people do. :)
>
> I my case I need to do something like this as the features at the front and
> back of the image are note of interest, they simply clutter things up and
> make it far more difficult to interpret the image.

I understand, makes perfect sense. We just need to make the clipping
planes that are intended for this purpose more usable and to implement
further support for them in the other renderers.

Thanks,
  John