From: Tristan Croll (tristan.croll_at_qut.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jan 13 2016 - 13:31:47 CST

Ah - that makes things easy then!

Thanks,

Tristan

From: John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, 14 January 2016 5:29 AM
To: Tristan Croll
Cc: vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Subject: Re: vmd-l: Re: -fpascal-strings flag when compiling with TDCONNEXION option

Hi,
  Sorry for the late reply, I was traveling the last several weeks over
the holidays and I'm finally catching up on emails.

The TDCONNEXION option is not for use with Linux, it is specific to MacOS X,
There are no special flags required to get Spacenavigator support on Unix/Linux,
as it is handled as part of the standard X-windows event handling mechanism
inside of the VMD OpenGL display code with some code that detects a few
special XAtom structures that are present at runtime when there's a
Spacenavigator.

So, remove that option from your build, because it has nothing to do with
the Linux versions of VMD.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/