From: Gianluca Interlandi (gianluca_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2015 - 17:35:29 CDT

Dear VMD list,

I have a bunch of DCD trajectory files saved with the extension .trj
instead of .dcd. I know that in order to read them with VMD I can
explicitly specify the type with "-dcd". However, I wonder whether there
is a way to permanently tell VMD that a .trj extension needs to be read
with the DCD plugin (I am aware that this would conflict with the gromacs
.trj file type).

Are the filetype associations coded in the VMD C routines or in some TCL
script that I could easily modify?

Thanks,

      Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca_at_u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Bioengineering