From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2015 - 18:26:37 CDT

I'm reasonably sure the default file types for each plugin are specified
in the molfile plugins themselves (at least they are in the C-code!),
and so would at a minimum require a recompilation of those plugins. I'd
imagine the path of least resistance is to either rename the files
(filenames are mostly arbitrary, right?) or always use the options to
force the use of the dcd plugin.

-Josh Vermaas