From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 11:08:11 CST

Right,
  You can't really merge them properly without using psfgen.
Li should save the aligned coordinate files first using one of the
methods I suggested. Here's a simple psfgen script that should merge
a bunch of PDB files together, probably needs a bit of cooking for real
use, but you get the idea:

package require psfgen

# this is a hack, just to get the topology file
package require membrane
set topologyfile [format "%s/plugins/noarch/tcl/membrane1.0/top_all27_prot_lipid
.inp" $env(VMDDIR)]
# topology /path/to/top_all27_prot_lipid.inp
topology $topologyfile
set nseg 1
foreach pdb [lsort [glob *.pdb]] {
  set segid V$nseg