From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 10:40:51 CST

Hi,
  If you've actually modified the atom coordinates (and not just changed
the viewing orientation), then you either click on the molecule of interest
in the main VMD window and use the File->Save Coordinates menu item to
save the molecule to a new file, or you can use '$sel writeXXX' or
'animate write' to do this via text commands.

Thanks,