From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 19 2015 - 09:28:51 CDT

Hmm. Okay, next question. If you disable the loading of the PME plugin
in your VMD installation, does the problem go away completely, or do you
still see any other warnings/errors? You can disable it by editing some
files in your install directory:
  vmd/scripts/vmd/loadplugins.tcl

Edit that file and locate this line:
  vmd_install_extension pmepot_gui pmepot_gui "Analysis/PME Electrostatics" pmepot

Change that line and add a hash # symbol to comment out the line:
# vmd_install_extension pmepot_gui pmepot_gui "Analysis/PME Electrostatics" pmepot

Once that's done, try loading VMD again and see if you still get any errors
or if it runs fine....

If that cures the problem, then I would like to dig further into what might
be happening there.