From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 02 2015 - 11:15:28 CDT

Hi,
  If you look at the solvate plugin graphical interface, you will
see that at the bottom of the interface, there is a check box for
"use nonstandard solvent", and several text fields that you must
set to provide a small template solvent box, with associated
PDB, PSF, and topology files, the template box side length, and the
atom selection that will properly select the template solvent.
This should described in more detail in the online
solvate plugin documentation.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/