From: Peter Engelhardt (engelhar_at_medi.mappi.helsinki.fi)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 02:22:03 CST

Dear VMD-L,

Downloaded the MacOS X version of VMD 1.82 - no problem.

Installed - just dragged all to Applications

However, VMD do not start (tested restarting etc), what's wrong

I use MacOSX Panther !0.3.3

Earlier versions like e.g. 1.7 have been working no problem
(unfortunately I seem to have deleted them)

I tested also the now available VMD 1.7 (something MESA with x11 to
be used), But I find there are a lot of installation instruction now
that was not there before (as I remember) and I have not yet got it
either to work (using Mac x11) just because of all the installations
fuss you must go through as I see it?

I think there were no problems with earlier VMD like 1.7 and all
worked just fine, but the MacOSX I used was 10.0, 10.1 or something?

I should be very happy to get the latest VMD 1.8.2 to work on
MacOS10.3.3 without complicated installations.

Please, let me now what's is the problem.

Cheers and thanks in advance
Peter