From: Adam Marcus (marcua_at_rpi.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 01:04:29 CST

Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new to VMD and I am already a big fan of its powerful and
vast tools. Currently, I am writing a tcl script to align the frames of an
animation using rmsd. As an intermediate step, I need to take a frame of
an animation and make a copy of it so that I can proceed with my work on
that copy without affecting what happens to the original frame that it is
derived from. Is there a way to copy a selection of all of the atoms of a
frame, or just the frame itself to a new location? For reference, this is
the way I select the frame (using tcl):

set sel [atomselect $mol $seltext frame $j]

Please let me know if I am being to vague or if you need more
information. Thank you very much for your time and assistance in
advance! Have a great day!

-Adam Marcus