From: M K (mahyar.karimi20_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2014 - 02:31:53 CST

Thank you for your help John.
My need may not be exactly related to psf files:

I'm facing some cases, in which I don't have the structure file in neither
pdb (because of more that 9999 residues) nor mol2 formats. I have built it
in Mat Studio.

I'm going to use VMD for simple analysis, like RMSD, Hydrogen Bonds
analysis and etc. Accordingly, I want to be able to select different
molecules and atom types easily. For example, I want to easily select the
polymer chain or deselect water molecules. Or, I want to select different
residues or atom types. *How can I have an intelligent pdb file (like those
in RCSB databse)* for my polymer water system to do md simulations in
software such as lammps and gromacs and visualize them in vmd?
For my structures, I have the xyz, res, car/mdf, cif, and lammps data (by
topotools) files.

What do you suggest to do?