From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2014 - 00:58:23 CST

This is most likely the result of a software update on your operating
system, and your video drivers are no longer working properly.
You can verify this by trying to run 'glxgears', which will likely
also fail. The most direct route to solving this problem will be
to reinstall or otherwise update your GPU video drivers.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/