From: Kraemer, Tobias (T.Kraemer_at_hw.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2014 - 07:04:58 CST

Dear all,

I have a question regarding displaying colors. I make the following observation which rather puzzles me.
When loading a VMD visualisation state from the NCIPLOT program (in which colours are mapped onto
Reduced gradient surfaces to indicate specific non-covalent interactions) from my desktop machine (Windows),
In fact no colours are being displayed. However, if I use my laptop (Macbook), it all works fine and colours are
Displayed in the expected way. Now, I presume this has something to do with some settings and variables,
But I don't know enough about this, so I wondered if somebody could give me some advice.
In both cases I am connecting remotely to a supercomputer which has VMD installed, for my desktop machine
I am using xming as X window server, while on my macbook I am running xquartz. Both times I am opening the
Same .vmd script to get the visualisation state.

Can anyone give me some clue what I would need to change so that I can use my desktop machine and get the
Same results?

Your help is much appreciated.

Best

Tobias

________________________________

Dr. Tobias Kraemer
Research Associate
Institute of Chemical Sciences
School of Engineering & Physical Sciences
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh EH14 4AS
United Kingdom
email: t.kraemer_at_hw.ac.uk<mailto:t.kraemer_at_hw.ac.uk>
phone: +44 (0)131 451 3259

-----
We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.