From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2014 - 15:57:32 CDT

Eric,
  I looked at this and the problem is that the cylinders are outside of
the field of view. If I back up the camera, they are easily seen.
Most likely, you've got the scene too close to the camera so the geometry
that's close to it is being clipped by POV-Ray. If I edit the scene file
and change the camera definition's location statement and move it back
several units farther away, I see box:
    location <0.0000, 0.0000, -12.0000>

When you've got your scene loaded in OpenGL, changes your
projection mode to Perspective in the Display menu. You should
then see much more clearly how close the drawn objects are to the
camera. Use the 't' key and push the scene away from
the camera a bit using the middle or right mouse buttons, and then
you can switch the projection mode back to Orthographic.
>From there, I would expect you to be able to render the scene in
POV-Ray without trouble.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/