From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2014 - 10:22:21 CDT

Hi,
  VMD can't directly talk to the Falcon, instead, it communicates
with VRPN, and VRPN takes care of directly communicating with the
Falcon. From your note it wasn't entirely clear if the issue is
that VRPN can't see the Falcon, or if VMD can't see VRPN. If the
problem is that VRPN can't see the Falcon, then I will have to defer
to the expertise of others here that have used the VRPN servers with
the Falcon and see what suggestions they have.

If the problem is that VMD can't talk to VRPN, then the most likely issue
is that we need to get you a VMD binary that is compiled against a newer
version of VRPN, because previous VMD binaries were compiled against an
old VRPN version that is now out of date. If this is the problem, I can
help you get this done, as it is on my TODO list for the new VMD 1.9.2
release, and it would be great to have people test it out.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/