From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2014 - 09:51:19 CDT

MK,

If you have the mol2 and/or VMD's automated bond detection is correct, you can use the TopoTools plugin (https://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/software/topotools) all of the bonded elements found in a PSF (e.g., bonds, angles, dihedrals). TopoTools has a function for guessing impropers, but it is better to set those manually where required. I frequently use this technique to construct PSF files for small molecule ligands from PDB files. If not included in your input, you will also need to manually set the atom types and partial charges using VMD's atom selection language.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne