From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2014 - 13:16:23 CDT

Hi,
  I'm not sure what Intel article you ran across, but I know that they have
made their own modified versions of Tachyon in the past (as far back as
the late 90s and early 2000s) for benchmarking and performance
testing of TBB and other tools. That said, I do have a Tachyon
build target for Xeon Phi in the current source code, but it is not
yet optimized for Xeon Phi in a very meaningful way yet. If your goal
is to render very large scenes rapidly, then the most straightforward
approach is to build one of the standard MPI versions of Tachyon,
and run it across a largish number of nodes. If you need help
compiling on Stampede, let me know.