From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 16 2014 - 11:33:40 CDT

Hi,
  So far as I know, the CCP4 map only contains the density map data,
and does not contain the structure solved from the density data. You would
normally load the .map file as well as an associated PDB or similar structure
file to be able to get the coordinates for the atoms. VMD isn't a
crystallography package, so if you don't already have a structure solved
from the density, you need to obtain that first, either from a database
like the PDB, or using one of the many crystallography tools out there.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/