From: Mahesh Chandrasekhar Gandikota (maheshgandikota_at_niser.ac.in)
Date: Wed May 14 2014 - 09:59:40 CDT

I have a .map file which contains x-ray crystallography data of a
bacteriophage. The format of the file is CCP4. I can open the file using
VMD. However, I am unable to get the xyz co-ordinates. It shows the
following error when I click on the option of saving data in xyz format:

`No timesteps selected; trajectory file will not be written.'

The .map is a big file of 64MB written in binary.

The file I am referring to may be downloaded at:
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/emdb/structures/EMD-1086/map/emd_1086.map.gz

Can't we save xyz co-ordinates for CCP4 files? Or is it possible to extract
any other form of data?

I am new to VMD and these formats.
Any help would be appreciated.