From: Simon Etter (ettersi_at_student.ethz.ch)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2014 - 11:04:22 CDT

Hi!

I don't quite understand what you are saying. Is the remote/compute server broken, or is it a problem on my local machine? As already stated in
the original question, I consider the first option unlikely, because things work when using a different local machine.
Regarding the proposed protocols, as far as I understand (which admittedly is not far at all) I would have to install a new server application
on the compute server. If so, then their usage is ruled out because I don't have root access to the compute server.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Simon