From: Karsten Suhre (Karsten.Suhre_at_igs.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 06:50:59 CST

Hi Steve,

  thank you very for your mail. In fact, the objective of my mail to the list
aims at what you suggest, collecting arguments to convince our institute to
buy and maintain such a printer as a service to several laboratories. Given
the impressive results that one can obtain with vmd and 3-D printers, I was
wondering whether there are any private companies around that operate this
kind of printers comercially. Finding such a service would first allow me to
obtain a sample of a protein studied at our institute as an argument for
buying such a machine for ourselves, and secondly, if it turns out that such
an operation would not be affordable (from the production times you give on
your Web site one should produce 2-3 models a day to get the printer fully
charged), a good alternative would probably be sending one's models to such a
company and just pay for the service.

Kind regards,

Karsten Suhre.

IGS-CNRS, Marseille, France.